The State Employees Credit Union is taking donations to send to deployed military service members. All donations must be new and must be able to fit in a 10x10x5-inch box. Please do not donate any used items. The SECU primarily needs travel sized products to maximize the number of items included in the shipment. Please do not donate any hotel samples.
Please note that the SECU cannot send any items in pressurized cans or glass containers.
The wish list includes:
- Snacks (individual packages of crackers, trail mix, protein bars, dried fruit, nuts, beef jerky, hard candy - no chocolate that cane melt)
- Powdered drink mixes (small, individually sealed packages)
- Shampoo (travel sized only - no full or oversized bottles)
- Bar soap
- Lotion (travel sized only - no full or oversized bottles)
- Toothpaste (no oversized bottles)
- Toothbrushes (individuals only - no large multipacks)
- Dental floss
- Disposable razors (small packs)
- Moist towelettes (small packs only - no diaper wipes or large oversized packs)
- Sunscreen (no larger full sized or oversized bottles - no aerosol cans)
- Insect repellent wipes with Deet
- Band-aids (no oversized boxes)
- Antacids (small packages)
- Tylenol/Advil/Aleve (small bottles/packages)
- Socks - above the ankle/crew (white or black)
- Toboggans (black, brown, tan, olive green)
- Decks of cards
- Travel games (small handheld games only - no large boxes/containers)
- Puzzle books (small or mini sized books only - no full or oversized books)
- Post card size stationery (no 8.5x11-inch or oversized notebooks, paper or tablets)
Bring all donations to the SECU branch at 1065 Vision Drive Apex, NC 27523 by Oct. 31 and thank you for helping support the troops.
Holiday for our Troops
The organization formerly known as NC Branch Give2thetroops has separated from the national organization and formed a new nonprofit organization, NCPacks4Patriots. The mission is to provide support for deployed troops with care packages and messages of support.
NCPacks4Patriots is now starting the holiday collection drive, “Holidays for our Troops.” They are collecting donations of holiday decorations, small Christmas trees, snacks, toiletries, holiday DVDs, holiday music CDs and small gifts such as handheld video games, socks, DVDs, board games and word puzzle books. Financial donations for postage also are needed.
The holidays are the hardest time to be away from home for our troops so please join in to show your appreciation for their service.
The deadline for holiday donations is Nov. 21. For information please email NCP4P@yahoo.com. Donations can be mailed to: NCPacks4Patriots, 249-E Third St Ayden NC 28513.