Apex High School DECA competed in International Competition in Salt Lake City, April 27 – May 2. The trip was a huge success. It was the finishing touch on the most successful school year for DECA in school history.
The following students won International Awards of Excellence:
- Laura Brockington and Shelby Wilt in Advertising Campaign
- Tim Merithew and Zach Gadwah in Advertising Campaign
- Kyle May and Mark Tate in Creative Marketing
-Chris Denison in Entrepreneurship Written
- Dipali Aphale and Karen Cheng in Finance Research
- Alia Capone in Hospitality & Tourism Promotion
- Katie Godfrey, Megan Gravley, and Sydney Snedeker in Learn & Earn
- Lena McCord and Erica Gilarranz in Sports & Entertainment Promotion
The next 2 groups brought home International Trophies:
- Kyle May and Mark Tate won third place internationally for their Creative Marketing plan with The Performance Academy.
- Katie Godfrey, Megan Gravley, and Sydney Snedeker won first place internationally for their Learn & Earn project for the Peak City Gala of Hope benefitting the V Foundation for Cancer Research.
Apex High School was the only school in North Carolina to win multiple international trophies and the only school in North Carolina to win a first place trophy.